Sunday, January 9, 2011

Genesis 6: God Warns Noah

In verse 9, it says "Noah was a righteous man, blameless among his contemporaries; Noah walked with God". I like how this verse was worded. It says that Noah was 'blameless among his contemporaries', so he was not wicked and evil as were the rest of mankind. But in front of God, he cannot be said to be blameless.


God saw how corrupt and full of violence the earth was, therefore he wanted to wipe it all out. In verse 13, God tells Noah, "I have decided to put an end to all flesh, for the earth is filled with violence because of them; therefore I am going to destroy them along with the earth". Then He proceeds to give Noah very precise instructions on building an ark. In verse 17 God says to Noah to "understand that I am bringing a deluge--floodwaters on the earth", so that Noah will know what is to come. God tells Noah in verse 19-21 to enter the ark with his sons, his wife, the sons' wives, two of every living thing male and female, and enough food for all of them. 


Noah did everything God commanded, no questions asked. This shows his faith and obedience to the Lord. It is evident why Noah had found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment