Sunday, January 9, 2011

Genesis 6: Judgement Decreed

5When the LORD saw that man's wickedness was widespread on the earth and that every scheme his mind thought of was nothing but evil all the time, 6the LORD regretted that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7Then the LORD said, "I will wipe off the face of the earth: man, whom I created, together with the animals, creatures that crawl, and birds of the sky—for I regret that I made them." 8Noah, however, found favor in the eyes of the LORD.
 This passage shows that all over the world, mankind committed sins all of the time, and their minds were always filled with nothing but evil. Seeing this, God regretted creating man on the earth. Although he regretted it, it hurt him deeply, seeing these men that he created and loved so much be so evil and wicked. Therefore, in verse 7, He said that he would wipe of every living thing from the face of the planet. However, in verse 8, there was a tiny piece of hope. Noah had found favor in the eyes of the Lord. So even when the world seemed full of wickedness and evil, there was still a little bit of hope for mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment