After Noah got off the ark, in verse 20, he "built an altar to the LORD. He took some of every kind of clean animal and every kind of clean bird and offered burnt offerings on the alter". This was Noah's way of showing respect and thanking the Lord, rather than just forgetting that the Lord spared him. When God smelled the 'pleasing aroma' of the offerings, He said in verse 21, "I will never again curse the ground because of man, even though man's inclination is evil from his youth. And I will never again strike down every living thing as I have done."
22 As long as the earth endures,God made a promise that He would never do what He had just done. This is amazing, because He knows that when mankind multiplies and populates the earth once again, they will continue to be wicked and evil. Yet, there is so much love and kindness in God's heart that He promises that He will never again strike down every living thing as He had just done.
seedtime and harvest, cold and heat,
summer and winter, and day and night
will not cease."
No comments:
Post a Comment